- You will learn skills for guiding someone through conflict, including gathering data, assigning homework, and applying Scripture to the heart. You will learn to provide encouragement, godly advice, and prayer support to an individual who is struggling with a conflict.
- Upon completion you will be able to guide someone to respond biblically to a conflict.
It is important that you have a good understanding of the basic peacemaking principles outlined in Ken Sande's book, The Peacemaker. In your training, you will learn to guide others through these principles so having a good foundation yourself is important. You can accomplish this in several ways. You can either Read The Peacemaker or you can complete the Resolving Everyday Conflict study series. Resolving Everyday Conflict is available either as a DVD study or as an on-line course here at Peacemaker University. If you need to complete this foundational study, then please do so and return to this course.
This course is a comprehensive skill-building experience employing a four-part teaching pedagogy:
- Educate (we'll teach you about the concepts and skills)
- Demonstrate (you will see demonstrations of the skills)
- Practice (in the practicum you will have opportunity to practice these skills along with other students)
- Review (you will receive feedback on your performance and you will provide feedback to other students)
- Manager: Judy Steidl